When your AirPods are suddenly flashing orange, it is an indicator that there is an issue that you can easily sort.
In this article, we will take you through a detailed guide on how to fix AirPods flashing orange light and also cover other light colors. The orange light typically means a pairing issue and you need to reset AirPods to fix it.
So, How to fix AirPods flashing orange light?
In order to fix AirPods flashing orange light:
- Tap Settings on your iPhone and select Bluetooth.
- Tap on the “i” button shown beside your Airpod name.
- Select “Forget this device.”
- Leave your AirPods inside the case, close the lid, and reopen.
- Tap Setup and ensure orange light turns into white.
- Reconnect AirPods (with the lid of the case open) to your iPhone.
- Select Connect.
- Once the status is connected, select Done.
Methods To Fix AirPods flashing Orange Light
Unpair and pair Airpods again
Here is how you can Unpair and pair Airpods again on your iPhone:
- Tap on Settings in your iPhone.
- Select Bluetooth.
- A list of devices appears. Select your AirPods name.
- Choose Forget Device.
- Turn off Bluetooth connection meanwhile.
- Place AirPods within the case.
- Turn on the Bluetooth connection.
- Pair your device with your Airpod.
In this case, the pairing happens rightly and you may not see the orange light anymore. This is a quick fix for every Airpod user.
This unpair-repair method is the solution even when other lights are flashing or when your AirPods are encountering other types of errors.
Recharge Your AirPods
Sometimes, when your AirPods are running out of charge, there can be pairing issues. In that case, you need to unpair and then pair AirPods again as mentioned in the previous step.
Once you have paired AirPods, follow the steps below.
- Place AirPods in the case.
- Close the lid.
- After half an hour, take AirPods out of the case.
- Try pairing now.
Clean You AirPods
Irrespective of the brand of AirPods that you use, these devices are always vulnerable to external debris and dust that can easily enter and hamper the function.
If you have been using these AirPods for quite some time now, it is a reminder that you should clean them first before using them.
- Unpair AirPods.
- Take them out of the case.
- Take a cloth to clean debris accumulated.
- Try pairing again with the device.
You can see the problem disappearing at this stage.
Note. Make it a practice to clean your AirPods at least once a month to enhance their quality in the long run.
Recharge AirPods case
As we move in a hurry, we often miss recharging our case and pay attention only to AirPods. What happens eventually is an error message affecting the function.
Remember that, for your AirPods to work properly, you need to recharge the case at regular intervals.
Here are the steps to follow.
- Place AirPods within the case and close the lid.
- Connect a power source to the case.
- After an hour, take out your AirPods and reset them.
Did this method work? If not, you have two other methods to try out.
Restart/Reset your device
Resetting is probably a great solution for a host of issues that can occur to your device. It gives a boost to your device and lets it perform better than before.
- Unpair AirPods with the device.
- Long press the power button.
- Slide across the red slider.
- Turn on the device.
- Pair AirPods again.
This approach would definitely fix the flashing orange light on your iPhone. In the case of an Android device, the procedure is the same but options might slightly differ.
If a soft reset doesn’t work, you may have to go ahead with the factory reset option. This clears the cache and also gives way to fixing the pairing issue.
Here’s how you can factory reset AirPods:
- Tap Settings.
- Find your Airpod name and then select “Forget device.”
- Place AirPods inside the case and close the lid.
- After 30 seconds, open the lid.
- Long press the power button (that you see on the case) till you can see the indicator light flashing orange.
- Once it flashes thrice, release the button.
- Close the lid of the case.
- The factory reset is now done.
- Open the lid and connect AirPods with iPhone.
The problem will automatically get resolved in this case.
Firmware update for Airpods
When was the last time you had updated your firmware? A flashing orange light also symbolizes software bugs that can be fixed with an update.
Here is how to update Airpods firmware:
- Find out if there are updates for your software. If yes, select “Update now”.
- Restart your device and AirPods as well.
You should see that the problem gets fixed. In most cases, we tend to disable automatic updates for our devices and also ignore notifications about updates. When these errors occur, we get reminded of the update.
Didn’t these methods work for you? If so, your AirPods are faulty and you might have to approach a service center for the same. There can be some other issues affecting the process of pairing between AirPods and iPhone.
There are different methods to fix flashing orange on iPhone. Before that, let me tell you that the LED status has different meanings based on where your AirPods are.
When AirPods are inside the case:
When AirPods are inside the case, there are 4 possible light patterns that can flash.
- Green light – It indicates a full charge.
- White light (flashing) – It indicates that AirPods can be paired to the device.
- Amber light (flashing) – It indicates that AirPods haven’t been paired with the device.
- Amber light – It indicates that the case has to be charged.
When AirPods are not inside case:
There are just two colors of light that you can notice when AirPods are out of the case.
- Amber light – Case is in short of one full charge.
- Green light – Case is fully charged. Disconnect from the charger.
So, do you see no light? It probably means that your device is dead and you may have to charge AirPods first to revive and use further.
Neither of these is concerning as all you need to do is to charge your case.
Frequently asked questions
How to fix blue light on AirPods Pro?
Flashing blue light on AirPods Pro can possibly mean a fake or a low-quality device that is withering at this stage. In general, AirPods do not flash blue light and be wary of this fact.
- To fix the blue light, remember to take AirPods away from the case and let the battery run out.
- Let the blue light disappear.
- Once it does, you can place AirPods back into the case.
This works if you have a low-quality device or an old one that is encountering an unexpected issue.
Why does my Airpod keep blinking white light?
In general, a white light means that it is ready to pair but for some reason, some AirPods might not connect to the device. This is a situation due to insufficient charge or outdated firmware or the need for a factory reset.
The solution to fix flashing white light is nearly the same as that for orange light. However, keep an eye on the charge level and do an unpair-repair to fix the issue.
How to fix flashing green light AirPods?
A green light basically means that the case is fully charged but several users have also informed that the flash stopped when AirPods were taken out of the case.
The common way to fix flashing green light is to unpair AirPods and then do a complete reset of the device. It should work in this case as a factory reset cleans cache and gives a chance for your AirPods to pair as a fresh device with your iPhone.
If this hasn’t worked, you may have to step into a service center to fix the issue.
Why is there no amber light when trying to reset AirPods?
This is yet another issue when the flashing amber light suddenly disappears and you need to reset your Network settings in that case. Follow the steps below.
- Tap on Settings, select General and choose Reset.
- In the list of options, select “Reset network settings.”
- Unpair the device and then pair again.
Your AirPods should likely flash correct lights going forward.
As more users begin using AirPods for the sake of comfort, it is also crucial to be cautious of potential issues and meanings of different colored lights.
As an Airpod user, remember to clean AirPods regularly, update the firmware, and charge the case. All of these are rules of thumb to avoid basic issues. With the list of colors and their meanings listed in this article, it is a good idea to keep them handy so you know what it means and how to fix.
We hope that this guide has enabled you to gain a basic understanding of flashing lights in AirPods!